Dr Nicola Macdonald (Chinese Medicine)
Dip TCM.Adv Cert China
Registration # CMR0001710922
Registration Type: Chinese Herbal Dispenser,
General Acupuncturist, General and Chinese Herbal
Nicola managed her own successful private practice in Sydney before accepting an “opportunity of a lifetime” to work for Canyon Ranch Spa Club on the Queen Mary 2.
Nicola provided the first “at sea” permanent Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine services on the QM2 between December 2003 and March 2006. She then joined Acupuncture at Sea on Celebrity Cruises continuing her passion for providing Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine to clients on a range of cruise ships and providing weekly seminars on Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine to 30-100 ship passengers.
After a five year adventure on the high seas treating and educating people on the benefits of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, Nicola returned to Australia at the end of 2008. Nicola worked at Acupuncture IVF Support Clinic in Maroubra, Sydney, until relocating to Brisbane in 2009 to take up the role of Senior Acupuncturist at the Acupuncture and Natural Therapy Centre West End.
In June 2009 Nicola opened her own business, Acupuncture Emporium, operating from two locations: West End and Indigo Health for Mind & Body at Mount Gravatt. In January 2013 Nicola purchased the Acupuncture and Natural therapy Centre form Phil Vanderzeil and has continued his legacy to provide the community with an excellent complementary Health Clinic.
Nicola’s philosophy, to really listen to clients and give them time to share their health concerns with empathy and compassion, is key to effective practice. Continuing professional education is also imperative to keep abreast of the latest research and innovations in both Allied Health and Western Medicine. Nicola’s passion is “to bring this Ancient Medicine into the Modern world”.
– Registration Type: Chinese Herbal Dispenser, General; Acupuncturist, General and Chinese Herbal Medicine Practitioner, General
Professional Qualifications and Training:
* Currently completing a Masters of Health Science in Chinese Medicine
* Graduated with High Distinctions in TCM from Sydney Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 1999.
* Completed an Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Intern at Nanjing 1st Affiliated Hospital, Nanjing, China, in 2000.
* Certified in Advanced Constitutional Facial Renewal Acupuncture. (Mary Elizabeth Wakefield)
* Certified in Level 1 and 2 Acutonics (Donna Carey).
* Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association, Member# 1514
* Chinese Medicine Board of Australia , Registration # CMR0001710922